July 12, 2014

Peggy's Cove From Fog to Grandeur

My first glimpse of Peggy's Cove lighthouse.
I was in awe but still said 'oh shoot!'.
I knew we weren't able to get back here with the schedule we were trying to keep.
But!  As I learned just a few hours before -  be patient because the fog loves
to roll this way and that around Nova Scotia pretty quickly.
I am so glad we waited but then of course I didn't want to leave!

The sun broke through and I swear the rocks grew!
Standing tall and secure this lighthouse has seen some action from the 
ocean through the years.

What else is going on around the world?-

12 comments:

  1. That second shot is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Peggy's Cove lighthouse! Were you able to visit the little gift shop near it and buy their famous gingerbread?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did visit the gift shop but didn't have gingerbread. That means I have to go back!!

      Delete
  3. Great shots, I love the second one especially.

    ReplyDelete
  4. fantastic lighthouse and photographs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - stunning shots, especially that second one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, how beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Revealed in so much drama. I love the way a thing never looks quite the same twice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG that is fantastic!! We were there last year and it rained.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought we were going to deal with rain and fog all day but got lucky when the fog rolled away!

      Delete
    2. Wow ! I'm so impressed ! I would like to have your permission to use the photo "From fog to grandeur" for a painting in watercolor. The light on the lighthouse and in the sky is magic. That light is exactlly what we are looking for in watercolour as in photography.
      I assure you that your credit will appear on the back of my paper. I truly thank you if you grant me the pleasure to face the challenge of rendering that beauty. I'll send you a photo of my work assuming I will come through. Diane from Province of Québec

      Delete
  9. SO very sorry for the delay. If you haven't proceed yet -- you have my permission.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit!
Hope you are blessed in some way today!
-- Holz!