April 13, 2009

On the road again....

Spent Easter weekend on the road. As we hastily ventured from Pennsylvania to Kentucky at a constant speed of 72 m.p.h. there's only so much you can take in. Add some heavy rain and the chances become even slimmer to capture the real beauty on road side America. Below are a few windshield snapshots going through the beautiful countryside of Kentucky that I found quite amazing. Of course with any roadtrip my family takes on it involves baseball games. I had the opportunity to see my son and spend a holiday with him and his friends. I'll take the blessings any way I can.
This is not Europe where castles abound but it's Versailles, Kentucky. From what I've researched on this it is surrounded with some mystery but click HERE to see the present day usage. It sounds like if you're quite wealty you can enjoy a castle adventure.


The redbud trees were in abundance along the roadside in Kentucky and West Virginia. I wonder though why are they called redbuds when they are plainly purple....

Dinosaur World. It seems the dinosaurs walked through Kentucky, Florida and Texas. They advertise that the dinosaurs were life size. Could someone at these parks be creating Jurassic Park?
To see how others around the world spent their week go to http://showyourworld.blogspot.com/
It seems I need to go back to Kentucky for a leisurely drive to enjoy more than bleachers and blurry cars speeding by......

4 comments:

  1. Really beautiful shots! Love the redbud trees -- whatever their color or name, they're beautiful! And that's an interesting castle shot, too! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I lost my comment so here I go again. I think you made the most of what you were dealt with. The snap from Kentucky is very interesting. I'm curious about that state now.

    Thanks for sharing.

    My entry is here: http://ewok1993.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. the castle looks interesting but too rich for my pocketbook...but i am sure some will find it a nice getaway.
    enjoyed your road trip.

    have a good week

    ReplyDelete
  4. the buds r red before the flowers pop out... thanks to Google... to bad you don't get frequent road miles...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit!
Hope you are blessed in some way today!
-- Holz!