March 12, 2009

Lake Pontchartrain retreat

From the shores of Lake Pontchartrain... Being that's it's been quite the busy busy week without a moment to do any pondering I long to be back in this spot. From this vantage point you can see the pier where I am told some great fishing occurs but where were all the fisherman this day> I believe they were all out on their sailboats. Click on the picture to enlarge it and see the many sails. In the distant backgroud is the Lake Pontchartrain Causeway bridge that spans 26 miles across the the lake. It is the longest bridge in the United States to cross completely over water. I was sitting on a bench this day and completely enjoyed the quiet and the stillness. Since I cannot be there I'll just dream...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your visit!
Hope you are blessed in some way today!
-- Holz!