October 26, 2008

Views from Gettsyburg

What a fantastic day. We took a drive on one of my most favorite paths that leads to Gettysburg, PA. It was another adventuresome Jeep tour. It was the perfect Fall day and everyone was out and about as well as ladybugs by the thousands. We drove through the quaint little village of Mt. Holly Springs and then onto Biglerville better knows as The Apple Capital of the World then onto Gettysburg's battlefield for some most awesome views along the way.

This is my parents at Little Round Top.


This beautiful lady was found climbing rocks and posing until the ladybugs attached her. This is my daughter who is the most easy going person I've ever had the privilage to know.

This was one of my favorite shots of the day. If this tree could talk.... These roots date back to The Civil War at the top of Little Round Top. I wonder what tales it could tell us.




This was another favorite shot taken close to The Eisenhower Farm. It's as simple as a rock fence but the best part is the tree at the very end of it. BEAUTIFUL!

This was my most cherished shot of all. For years and years I've passed this house sitting up in what appears to be the middle of an orchard. It seems it could be haunted but at the same time it is so very charming. I apologize to the owners for snapping this picture. I wonder if they've ever thought of turning this into a Bed and Breakfast. If they did I surely would look into putting my guests there who go on the Jeep Tours with me, but only after I stayed there myself and got to experience each of the different rooms.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your visit!
Hope you are blessed in some way today!
-- Holz!